Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Horrors..

For this mani, I painted each of the nails the base color, OPI Black Onyx, OPI Alpine Snow, and the orange was a Color Club polish, on the thumb I did a diagonal french using the black onyx then did a silver glitter line above it using my Stripe Rite Stripers. For the spiders i used my dotting tool and then the stripers to make the legs. For my web I used a white striping brush and then put silver glittter over top. On the middle finger I made two dots with my large dotting tool and OPIs alpine snow polish and then added two small black dots with my smallest dotting tool and OPIs black Onyx. On the ring finger i used my black white and silver glitter striping polishes to make random slash looking lines on the nail, and then used my small dotting tool to add black dots. The pinky was probably the most fun since I got to feel like a four year old again. I started by using my striper to do the large spot of blood at the free edge of the nail. For the splatters I made sure to have a little polish on my red striper and then I tapped the end of the brush to splatter the paint on the nail. This was messy and had my boss staring at me like I was crazy but the end result was worth it. :) (Be sure to cover the other nails when doing the blood splatter nail, or you'll have red polish on all of them).

1 comment: